Friday, September 23, 2011

The 'Jenna' Cloche

I designed this hat for a good friend. I hope she likes it!

Materials:
3 oz - any 4ply yarn (I used RHSS)
Size I-9 Hook
yarn needle
scissors

R1 -- 6sc in magic circle, join with ss, ch1 (6)
R2 -- 2 sc in each, join with sl st ch2 (12)
R3 -- working around the front of the ch2 dc in same st. Repeat around, ss to join, ch2 (24)
R4 -- Repeat R3. (48)
R5 -- y/o to dc in last st of R4, Skip next st, dc in next st; working around the front of the last st made, dc in skipped st. ss to join, ch3.
R6-10 --  y/o twice to tc in last st of last row. Skip next st, tc in next st; working around the front of the last st made, tc in skipped st. ss to join, ch3. (ch1 after joining ss in R10)
R11 -- sc around, ss to join, ch2.
R12 -- dc around, ss to join, ch1.
R13 -- sc around, ss to join, ch2.
R14 -- dc 3x in first sc, *sk next sc, dc 4x in next sc* repeat around, ss to join, tie off, weave in end.

Sample video clip of Front Cross Crochet Stitch

Flower:
R1 -- 6sc in magic circle, join with ss, ch1 (6)
R2 -- 2 sc in each, join with ss ch2 (12)
R3 (in front V of sc) 3 hdc in same space of ch, *sk ch, 4 hdc*, repeat ** around, ss to join, ch2.
R4 (in back V of sc) sk first st, *4 dc in next st, sk st*, repeat** around, ss to join and tie off, weave in end.
Attach to hat.

Feel free to make this hat for personal use -BUT I would appreciate it if you link back to this post for proper credit of design. ENJOY! ~Kena

4 comments:

  1. I love it, too. I may just have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I happened to come across your pattern. It is really pretty! Is there any chance you could make a video for this hat? I've been looking around for a hat pattern similar to this all over the web but, couldn't seem to find one. Yours is perfect! But I keep messing up the pattern and it turns out wrong. I think a video would help me. (If you're not too busy.) Great hat, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete